Feb 23, 2020

Sunday Share - Stamping With Friends at Coffee and Cards

This past week I had some new stampers at my Coffee and Cards events and was prepared with some fun options for them so they could have a great stamping experience - these events are meant for stampers of all levels and at the end of the time you will head out with cards for your giving box and new ideas to use the papers, tools and embellishments you have at home - win, win!!
The Experience Creativity Brochure has some great projects for new stampers and that's where they started - making note cards using the super pretty Magnolia Lane Cards & More packs and learning how to use the stamps and inks . . . . the greetings were stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink - a nice ink pad for starting out as it doesn't need a lot of pressure to get really clear impressions. After making the two note cards, and seeing how they could turn the cards over for a different look, they were more than ready for the next set of cards!
I chose the Kerchief Card Kit to show what's available for free during Sale-a-Bration with a qualifying order and how easily you can make amazing cards from our kits! They loved the colours in this kit and couldn't wait to try more cards!
I shared this mini One Sheet Wonder with my stampers - using the so pretty Best Dressed 6" x 6" Designer Series Papers. You can make three cards very quickly from one sheet of paper with only a very small bit of scrap. Simply cut a 2" piece from the sheet, then trim to 5 1/2" inches. Cut the remaining piece at 2" across the 4" width to get two pieces 1 - 2" x 4"; the other 4" x 4".  I used some Old Olive Cardstock to coordinate with my chosen piece of DSP but you can pick any one of the coordinating colours listed on the DSP package. Stampin' Up! makes it so easy to mix and match your colours and know they will always look "right". I used Old Olive ink for the greetings which came from the Magnolia Blooms Stamp Set. The flower is from Botanical Bliss Stamp Set.
The last choice for the event was this card which gave my stampers a bit of a different colouring option. I like showing them how to colour with the Watercolor Pencils and then finishing off using a Blender Pen - it makes for a nice soft finish to the images with no watery mess that some have when they first try to watercolour. We used the new Painted Poppies Stamp Set for the flower image from the Spring Mini Catalogue, and added some Peaceful Poppies Sequins for the bit of bling! The 4" x 3" DSP is from the See A Silhouette DSP in the Annual Catalogue - its full of bright cheerful papers that you will love turning into some cards for anyone. The papers also make great backgrounds for scrapbook layouts! The cardstock layer is Crushed Curry - a great match for the DSP. The greeting is from Peaceful Moments Stamp Set.
I hope you find some time to create this week - it's a great break from whatever else is going on in your world. Like something you've seen here? Please shop my online store link here or message me to help you place your order. I love to share special treats with you when you place online orders.

Book here for my next events in March and I'll have a place ready for you!

Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you leave a comment on this post or my blog - thanks for reading!!