Feb 21, 2018

Stampin' Blends meet Beautiful Day!

Hi everyone - and the title of my post isn't referring to the weather - although it could be because we have been enjoying some awesome sunny days lately even though the temperatures have been below zero - very unusual for us on the West Coast (but no one is complaining!!) Love the snow covered mountains only a few blocks from home on Sunday afternoon . . . .  and it's cold enough that I'm happy to come back to my crafting after we have been out!

There is a new Stamp Set in the Occasions Catalogue that is meant for colouring - it's called Beautiful Day and has a large butterfly image, as well as a flower one - I'm featuring the butterfly today and I'm sure you will see the flower sometime down the road :-)

I did a Stampin' Blends class with my Stamp Club last week using the Tutti-Frutti Cards & Envelopes  - a FREE item in the Sale-a-Bration flyer that you can get with a $60 purchase.  I used the Shimmery White Cardstock to stamp the butterfly with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink so the Blends would flow smoothly on the paper. The finished Shimmery White layer was mounted on a Basic Black Cardstock layer so the colours would pop - and then it was all adhered to the Tutti-Frutti card base with Dimensionals. We added the Happy Birthday part of the greeting in the stamp set (yes, I did carefully cut it away!) and then popped it on a smaller strip of the Shimmery White cardstock.

Each member picked a different colour for the card base, which made for some great colouring ideas as they tried to highlight the base colour in their butterfly! For a class that was new to alcohol markers, I thought they did really well and the cards below showcase their artwork!


Isn't it fun to see how different they turned out? I loved how everyone got really creative with their colouring and blending!

For the Stampin' Blends we used the Light and Dark Pool Party, the Light Bermuda Bay, the Light Old Olive, the Light Calypso Coral and the Light Daffodil Delight. I also had the Color Lifter handy for anyone to lighten an area or remove some little over runs.

Head over to my online store (link here) to purchase any of these items, or to stock up on supplies to earn your FREE products during Sale-a-Bration which continues to March 31st - we all need to stock up on basics and to me, this is the best time to do it when I can get free products for buying what I need! If you don't want to shop online, then send me an email with your times and I'll get the order done for you. 

All online shoppers receive a thank you at the end of each month - my way of saying how much I appreciate you! And if you do buy Blends, then I have a special brochure for you highlighting some easy techniques to get you started!

Stampin' Up! has done some quick videos on the Stampin' Blends - here is the next one in the series that I am featuring with my Blends cards posts - so grab a cuppa and enjoy!




Happy Stamping!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you leave a comment on this post or my blog - thanks for reading!!