Mar 24, 2019

Sunday Share - Fun using your Special Designer Series Papers!!

My Make it Monday events are all about #simplecards and using up the supplies you have at home (so you can buy more LOL!). This past week was no exception and the ladies who came by had a great time making cards from the One Sheet Wonder Simplified idea that Kylie Bertucci in Australia shared with her fellow demonstrators and customers!

Her mantra for this year is #loveitchopit to get everyone to use the papers they buy and create cards or photo mats for their projects . . . and it's a super quick and easy concept!
I had each of my attendees pick a sheet of Designer Series Paper from either a current package or my retired packages and then we cut each piece into three long strips at 4" and then each strip was cut into two 5 1/4" pieces. The leftover strips were placed in the cello bag for trimming the inside or an envelope. You might have to adjust your cuts if the paper has a definite horizontal or vertical pattern but the ones we used were all random.
Then I gave them each a couple of sheets of neutral cardstock (Whisper White or Crumb Cake for these patterns) and reminded them to check the back of each DSP package for coordinating solid colours - so easy to have a card where all your cardstock colours match! I had my Ziploc bags of strips on hand for any small pieces they might want.
Then it was all hands on deck to create the cards - I had the samples out for ideas, but they got very creative on their own with cutting and trimming each piece . . .  and this is all I had left of a sheet after making 5 cards with only a couple of pieces left for two or three more cards!
The greetings were from Beauty Abounds; Humming Along and Butterfly Gala Stamp Sets - all in the Occasions Catalogue - you can see them here and shop from home - remember Sale-a-Bration ends next weekend March 31st so get your orders in before it's too late or message me to add your order to my group order going in on Wednesday, March 27th (we are going camping on Thursday with no internet access until I return April 1st which is too late for Sale-a-Bration) so send me your order before Wednesday!! Then you know it's in and you earned your FREE Sale-a-Bration items :-)
Until next week - Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you leave a comment on this post or my blog - thanks for reading!!