Mar 18, 2019

Sunday Share - Butterflies, Hummingbirds And Roosters too!

I have always loved watching butterflies and I definitely gravitate towards any crafting supplies that can help me create a card or layout with butterflies on it . . . so it was a natural for me to pick the Butterfly Beauty Thinlits Dies and coordinating stamp set called Beauty Abounds in the Occasions Catalogue! The dies make stunning cards and would be equally effective on a spring page layout!
This card was for a friend who recently retired and I loved the way the foil paper picked up different lights (sadly it was from the Sale-a-Bration brochure but is sold out). You can still get the effect using any of our foil papers though so give it a try. You can click here to go to my online shop and order this set as it is 10% off bundle priced to save but only in this catalogue.  I'm sure hoping it will carry over to the next annual catalogue but even if it does, it will no longer be a bundled price so get yours now! When you order this bundle you qualify for a FREE sale-a-Bration item of you choice - I'd recommend you go for Botanical Butterflies Designer Series Paper if you like butterflies like I do - it's got so many great double-sided papers in the package of 12 sheets. Here's pictures of both products so you know what you are looking for!

My stamp club ladies liked all our cards this month and especially the one we did with a waterclour wash as our background - I love how easy it is to create a soft wash using our Watercolor Paper, Aqua Painter, Classic Stampin' Ink pad of your choice (Balmy Blue used on this card) and a clear block as our palette. Stamp the clear block on your ink pad, then use the Aqua Painter to move the colour to your Watercolor Paper (lightly wet the paper first with clear water from your Aqua Painter).  It makes cleaning up a breeze too - just rinse the clear block when done. The dies and stamps are from the Humming Along Bundle in the Occasions Catalogue - another winning combo in my mind! Don't you love that background die cut??  Colouring was done with the Stampin' Blends - super easy to highlight and blend with these alcohol markers!
I continued with my #simplestamping card for my second stamp set pick  . . . and used the Home to Roost Stamp Set from Sale-a Bration. It was an easy card starting with the Very Vanilla Note Cards and Envelopes - such a quick way to have cards ready to stamp and ready to use in a few minutes - literally this card was under 5 minutes!  A light swipe on the Crackle Paint stamp with Sahara Sand ink, then touch the note card front to the inked stamp (I leave background stamps lying face up for ease of use) then stamp the rooster image on the front and the greeting (both in Crumb Cake ink) and you are done!
I love the antiqued look of the "stepped-up" card we did - done with a sponge dauber and gently adding Sahara Sand to the Very Vanilla cardstock until it looked "right".  It would be a great masculine card for any occasion with the Wood Textures DSP (get your 6"  x 6" pack while you can!) and the Linen Thread trim. I really love the Tranquil Tide Cardstock for the base and am so sad it is one of the retiring In Colors in May. I've used it so much - get your In Color products soon as they will sell out as it gets closer to the end of the catalogue year.
That's my inspiration for you for this week - you can shop my online store any time in any weather by clicking this link here. It's easy to set up an account for yourself and the order can go directly to your home or office - it's up to you! If you have any questions on products or techniques used, please send me a quick email or message or even phone! Check my events page on my website and book a time for you to create and share some crafting time with friends - would love to see you at one of my Make it Monday evenings!

Meanwhile, enjoy the spring like weather if you are on the West Coast like I am - if winter is still in your area I can assure you spring will be on it's way soon!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you leave a comment on this post or my blog - thanks for reading!!