Dec 2, 2018

Sunday Share - Early Christmas Fun at The Wesbrooke

Last week was my monthly visit to The Wesbrooke Seniors Residence to share card making with the group of crafty ladies! I wanted to give them some options for Christmas Card giving and we had a great time putting together the card ideas I brought for them - plus I had a treat for them at the end that they could reuse or pass on to someone!
Here's a couple of pictures of them hard at work -

And here are the cards we made - the first one used the Gold Foil Card Bases and Envelopes - a perfect way to get a quick start on card making! They loved the snowflakes and the glitter!

I surprised them by giving them a third project to make that will easily hold a gift card - it is a quick option for you to create at home too.

All you need is a piece of Designer Series Paper 3" x 12" (make four from one sheet of DSP); scored at 2 1/4" and 7 1/4". Put Tear & Tape on the backside along each of the 2 1/4" edges to make a pocket for your gift card when it is folder over and taped down. Corner round the opposite ends that will be the top flap. Place tear and tape on the back (outside) of the folded over holder 1 3/4" up from the base and attach a piece of 9" ribbon - bring it around to the front and tie in a knot. Slip the top flap into your ribbon. I punched the greeting with our 1 1/4" Circle Punch, and adhered it to Silver Foil Scalloped Circle using the 1 3/8" Circle Punch. While my sample used up some retired products, there are so many options in our Holiday Catalogue that you can choose your own papers and greetings! Just click on the link and you are ready to shop! If you pick a two-sided DSP, then cut a 2 7/8" x 5 7/8" layer of Whisper White for the inside greeting and writing your message.

Holiday Catalogue items are disappearing fast so get your favourites while you can - I will place a final order on December 5th to ensure delivery before the holidays start - you can jump on that order, or do your own on line - let me know!

I hope you are enjoying my Holiday helper Newsletters - if you haven't signed up yet, then do it now on my blog so you don't miss the last few coming to you until mid-December. I really love the quick and easy projects! Fun to make with family or gather with a few crafty friends!

I have one more Make it Monday on December 17th at 7:00 pm. Please RSVP so I have enough kits ready, and bring a friend to share the fun or bring your own project to work on!

And an advance FYI - I will be doing some maintenance on my blog and website from December 27 into early January so you won't be able to view links or order product during that time. I appreciate your patience while I work on some internal updates :-) and I will let you know as soon as it is up and running again!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you leave a comment on this post or my blog - thanks for reading!!