May 25, 2022

My Favourite New In Colors for Canada Inks Up! Team Blog Hop

 

Have you seen the NEW In Colors yet?? Aren't they just the perfect combination of bright and cheerful? I've picked three favourites to share some fairly quick cards with you in our Canada Inks Up! Team Blog Hop today . . . . relax with your favourite cuppa' and enjoy all the creativity from each of our posts - and we do love it when you can leave a comment too!

I'm using the Tea Boutique Cards & Envelopes to create my cards today and I picked the Parakeet Party and Tahitian Tide bases with matching envelopes. 

I took the idea for the Basic White focal point on the card from the new 2022 - 2023 Annual Catalogue cover card - I really like the layering using the die that cuts out the spiral binding style holes. You will find it in the Blossoming Happiness Dies that coordinate with the Happiness Abounds stamp set - and there's a bundle too to save $$.  It was so easy to do along with the background die cuts using my new Magnetic Cutting Plate found on p 157.  You can see in the picture below how well the dies cut and left almost all the bits behind too. A quick brush into my bin and they were gone. I'm super happy with the way this magnetic plate cuts and it's very solid!

While I had my "Big Boss" out, I cut the Taylor Made Tag Die too and then stamped it with the image from the Bottled Happiness Stamp Set in Memento Black Ink. Then I ran the die through again to take just the end off - stopping (and backing off) as soon as the end of the die went through the machine. 


I stamped the short bottle image in Tahitian Tide on a 3" x 4" Basic White piece, then added the leaf image in Parakeet Party. I lined up the flower image and stamped it in Sweet Sorbet then fussy cut the stamped images for the next step. It was really easy to line up the images with the photopolymer stamps!

I layered the pieces using Dimensionals then added some 2022-2024 In Color Matte Decorative Dots and a double bow made with the coordinating 2022-2024 In Color Baker's Twine Pack to finish off my cards. I hope you like them and will try something similar yourself - super quick when you start out with the Tea Boutique Cards & Envelopes in the In Colors!

Want to get these products for yourself? You can shop online anytime using my link here or connect with me to help you get your purchases to you 🙂💕

Want more crafting ideas? Join me for my Craft and Chat evenings on Zoom so you can join from anywhere - if you aren't getting my invites let me know and I'll add you to my list! Next Craft and Chat is June 21st at 7:00 pm - I'd love to share some crafting time with you!

**Sorry for the shadows on my pictures - I did the cards and post while camping and the trailer has tinted windows! 

Until next time - happy stamping!

Ginny

Blog Hop List:

12 comments:

  1. Great tip and beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous - love how you shortened the label!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love your cards Ginny! Great cutting tip for the tag, I don't have the magnetic cutting plate yet, it's on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Judy! The magnetic plate is really worth it!

      Delete
  4. Pretty card Ginny! Those cards and envelopes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great Melva - especially for super quick cards!

      Delete

I love when you leave a comment on this post or my blog - thanks for reading!!