Mar 16, 2020

Kylie's Demo Training Blog Hop March 2020 - See a Silhouette Designer Series Papers

Thank you for joining us for our Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator Monthly Team Blog Hop! I really hope you check out all our posts and get inspired to create your own projects.

I’m Ginny Duncan from Maple Ridge, BC Canada and I’m so happy you stopped by today! You may be starting here  or have come from another blog - either way you can find the link list at the bottom of this post so that you can see every blog post and idea.
It's not often that I feature a series of our DSP instead of stamps, dies or punches but this paper has been one I've reached for so many times lately, that I have to share how it makes some awesome cards for any occasion! The picture above shows some of the concept artists' creations - below is the paper in all it's wonderful colours!
I'm always checking my Designer Series Papers to see what I can use for my classes at a seniors residence where I go each month and take kits for them to make their cards. I've paired each card idea with stamps and sometimes embellishments from the Spring Mini so everyone has a chance to see what's new too. Can you tell they like to have birthday cards on hand??


The See a Silhouette papers are perfect for bright and cheerful birthday cards and they coordinate with so many different cardstock colours that everyone will be happy with their creations! Here's the list of coordinating colours: Blackberry Bliss, Crushed Curry, Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo, Mango Melody, Mossy Meadow, Night of Navy, Old Olive, Pacific Point, Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Rich Razzleberry and Whisper White (Wow!)
I recently worked on a fundraiser that my friend Pam organized and the card above is one of the samples I made for our participants to choose from - they stamped all the images on their chosen pre-cut kits and finished them with their adhesives. I trimmed a piece off the Pacific Point Cardstock Base and used it under the birthday greeting as a banner. I also trimmed 1/2" off the right side of the DSP for the right side of the card base. It was a fun day for all!

Here's a couple of card sample ideas that Pam shared - since the fundraiser was to benefit our furry friends, she had to include a couple of card kits honouring them! Aren't they fun??  I added the little paw prints inside the puppy one - so cute!
Remember that our Annual Catalogue has so much to offer and it's worth going back to basics when some of the more trendy bundles are on back order or not available - I still want to make cards and hold my classes - and I know my customers do too! Aren't these colours amazing??
I'm saving a couple of patterns for a scrapbook layout that I'm working out in my mind . . . .  what are you doing with your DSP that you have on your shelf?? We will have lots of time to create these days with travel outside our country being discouraged so I'm looking forward to making some of my DSP products take centre stage in my craft room!!

Need some card making supplies? Head over to my online store and start shopping with your list - message me if you need help getting started . . . . and while you are there why not RSVP for one of my Coffee and Cards events next week? It's a great way to get new ideas for making cards, plus you will go home with some for your box - it's a happy feeling when you know you are ready with a card for the next occasion :-)

Grab a cup of your favourite beverage and go through all the links in our current hop. Thanks so much for visiting me today - I appreciate all your comments so let me know what you think!  See who is below my name to know where to go next.

Happy stamping!

BLOG HOP LIST











21 comments:

  1. Love your DSP cards... but my heart adores the dog and cat cards! What a special fundraiser with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Ginny. Great cards. TFS. My DSP? I'm trying to use it all up but not being as successful as I would like. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been lucky to have my seniors classes to use older DSP . . .

      Delete
  4. Great ideas Ginny. I sometimes used the DSP as the card base. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good idea too Jill - I'll try it!

      Delete
  5. Fabulous cards Ginny! I'm so bad at using DSP, even though I #loveitchopit, I still struggle to use it! You have given me some good ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie for visiting and commenting :-)

      Delete
  7. Great projects, Ginny. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you leave a comment on this post or my blog - thanks for reading!!