Oct 22, 2023

Sunday Share - Pretty Snowflakes On A Christmas Themed Card

I'm sure you have seen many posts and videos from people sharing how much fun it is to make the layering sunflowers using the Abundant Beauty Decorative Masks found in the current Holiday Mini Catalogue (p 47).   Today I'm sharing pictures of a card I made  with the Snowflake stencil and my blending brushes so read on for the details . . . . . I used the word dies from the Joy of Noel Bundle (p 30)

It's easy to add some Adhesive Sheets to the back side of your paper before you die cut - then the adhesive is already there when you want to layer onto your card. I did add a backing layer of Basic White cardstock to my letters to make them more sturdy and popped them with Mini Dimensionals. 

There are several more designs in the package of stencils and one of them is the snowflakes I'm featuring today.  I decided to use three colours (Pool Party, Bubble Bath and Soft Seafoam) all in the Subtles palette to make a cool wintery background for my sparkly NOEL and the first layer on my card - created with the Textured Shimmer Paper in Shaded Spruce (Annual Catalogue p 127).  After I brushed those three colours on the background, I added the snowflakes using Balmy Blue ink. 


Painters Tape and a ruler become your best friends when you want to keep your project straight and then line everything up!
And the finished card with envelope looks like this one - so pretty! The bow sparkles too - it's the Silver & White Sheer Ribbon in the Holiday Mini (p37)

Here's a link to my store so you can get started on your wintery cards too! Reminder to add some snowflakes to your envelope flap too - looks great when the happy mail arrives!

I've got some other snowflake ideas coming with my mid-week newsletter so make sure you've signed up using my pop-up so you don't miss any inspiration . . . . 

And if you are a budget shopper and want the best deal going, there's still time to grab the join offer for October - it's Stampin' Up!'s 35th Anniversary and that's why the special features two ways to start your journey - both with the number 35 - which one do you want??  Click here to go to my website and see more!

Happy stamping until next time!

Ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you leave a comment on this post or my blog - thanks for reading!!