Jan 25, 2023

Canada Inks Up! Team Blog Hop - Friendly Gnomes Country Gingham Card

It's another fun day today when our Canada Inks Up! team shares some new products from the January - April 2023 Mini (aka Spring Mini)  - I can't wait to see what everyone has done as it's always the best inspiration for new ideas!

I wanted to make a couple of cards with two different colours from the Country Gingham Designer Series Paper as I thought they were bright and spring-like . . .  and I wanted to have my stamping layer have the Stitched With Whimsy Dies on it because I love the effect.  

When I ran the rectangle shaped die through my Basic White Cardstock strip, I realized I could make another card with the square Whimsy Die and that became my favourite card idea to share with you today! Funny how that happens sometimes LOL!

I reached for the new Friendly Gnomes stamps and picked the cute guy holding the heart and then added the Love You sentiment too  - I stamped some of the grass image in Parakeet Party to coordinate with the blends I used for the gnome's shirt . . .  I added some vellum behind the stamped piece for added texture. 


The Thick Basic White card base was a great start and the Sweet Sorbet Country Gingham pattern added the bright contrast I was going for  . . .  I cut the 6" x 6" DSP at 4" then cut that piece at 5 1/4" and used the 2" x 6" piece that was left for my envelope flap, and the 3/4" x 4" piece on the inside of my card - that used every bit of the DSP for the one card - don't you love when that happens??  If you look carefully you can see the bit of Wink of Stella I added to the heart shape and my final embellishments were the smallest size of the In Color Matte Decorative Dots.

Then I went back to my original plan to use the Balmy Blue Gingham Check for a card, and cut it the same as the first card - giving me a 2" strip to add to my envelope, and a 3/4" strip to decorate the inside of my card. 

This time I wanted to share how easy it is to get great results with the Two-Step in the Beautifully Happy Stamp Set - a Sale-a-bration item that you can choose as a Free Gift when your order is $120 - and with so many great new bundles in the Spring Mini it will be easy to reach that amount!! 

The flower and the Balmy Blue cardstock and DSP make for a really pretty birthday card - I know someone is going to enjoy their happy mail from me very soon! I added some Gold Pastel Adhesive-backed Sequins for a bit of bling - what do you think?? Which card do you like best?? I'd love to see what you are making so share with us here๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’•

Here's a link to the new Mini Catalogue and to my online store for you to shop anytime . . . 

Stampin' Up! January-April Mini Catalogue
5 January - 1 May 2023
View Online | Shop Online

And here's the Sale-a-bration Flyer with the links too  . . .

Stampin' Up! Sale-a-Bration Catalogue
5 January - 28 February 2023
View Online | Shop Online

Now it's time to go to the next person on the blog hop list below and see what that post is about - 

Until next time - Happy Stamping!

Ginny

8 comments:

  1. Ginny, these gnomes are do cute and love how you paired them with country gingham dsp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! They are really cute and love they work with the dies that carried over!

      Delete
  2. Both your cards are great. I really love the gnome - so adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you leave a comment on this post or my blog - thanks for reading!!