Aug 10, 2020

Kylie's Demo Training Blog Hop August 2020 - Posted For You Bundle

 

Thank you for joining us for our Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator Monthly Team Blog Hop! I really hope you check out all our posts and get inspiration from these amazing demonstrators to create your own projects.

I’m Ginny Duncan from Maple Ridge, BC Canada and I’m so happy you stopped by today! You may be starting here  or have come from another blog - either way you can find the link list at the bottom of this post so that you can see every blog post and idea.

It's still summer on the West Coast where I live, so I decided to show you a bundle from the Annual Catalogue that I recently featured in our Stampin' Up! Canada Newsletter for demonstrators.  I’ve always loved stamps with postage themes – as a young girl I collected stamps so maybe that’s why I had to get the Posted For You Bundle on p 81! Postage stamps make me think of travel and faraway places – so the nostalgia theme in this set is perfect for cards and layouts. The script on the greetings is an ideal match for the stamps – you will have fun making cards and travel layouts too with this bundle! Click here to purchase now or add to your wish list!

There are a few techniques to make the card on the page so grab your favourite beverage while you follow along! 

To mask the birds, I put some tape over the lower half of the image, inked the image (I used Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on my stamping), removed the tape and checked I had the details I wanted, then stamped. The other altered image was the “Love” one where the concept artists only inked up the flower  - I used my Stampin’ Write Black Marker to ink those details, then huffed and stamped. I stamped the other images on Whisper White scraps until I had all five done. I then punched each one with the Rectangular Postage Punch – super easy! To modify three of the punched images to be smaller – I carefully slid the punched piece back into the underside of the punch opening until it was the desired length then punched again for the new size. 

I used my Sponge Daubers and Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Seaside Spray and Bumblebee inks to add some subtle colours to the postage stamp shapes. Quick and no mess! I added a bit of colour to the inside stamp and I stamped the envelope

My card base is Old Olive Cardstock 8 ½” x 5 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”. The Ornate Garden DSP was cut to 4” x 5 ¼” and the finished postage stamp pieces were added directly to this piece – looked a bit like a puzzle! I adhered a 4” piece of the Open Weave Ribbon from Forever Greenery Trim pack with Tear & Tape across the middle of the pieces.   

I stamped the greeting in Memento Black on a strip of Bumblebee Cardstock (1/2” x 3”) and popped with Dimensionals over the Open Weave Ribbon. I wrapped about 30” of the Gold Trim (from the same pack) around twice and tied in a bow. The last step was adding some clear Flowers For Every Season Gems. Attach the DSP layer to your card base with Dimensionals and it’s done!

Did you know that this punch works perfectly with the Festive Post Stamp set in the new Mini Catalogue?? I LOVE it when we can use our tools with more than one set!! 


Which stamps are you buying to go with this punch?? Click here to get your Festive Post stamps now or add to your wish list! Maybe like me, you can soon say "All of them"!! 😄

Thank you so much for visiting today! We have an awesome group  of Stampin' Up!® demonstrators from around the world, and we know you are going to love all their projects as you go through all the links. 

Remember you are currently on my page – Ginny Duncan and I appreciate all your comments!  See who is below my name to know where to go next.

BLOG HOP LIST



11 comments:

I love when you leave a comment on this post or my blog - thanks for reading!!