Jul 13, 2020

Kylie's Demo Training Blog Hop July 2020 - Field of Flowers Bundle


Thank you for joining us for our Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator Monthly Team Blog Hop! I really hope you check out all our posts and get inspiration from these amazing demonstrators to create your own projects.

I’m Ginny Duncan from Maple Ridge, BC Canada and I’m hoping you are sitting with a cuppa' to enjoy all the creativity today!! You may be starting here  or have come from another blog - either way you can find the link list at the bottom of this page so that you can see every blog post and idea.
I love flipping the pages in our new catalogues when they first arrive - and marking the ones I think I might want through the coming year. It's so tempting to want it all, but when I sit down to buy, and reality kicks in, then I really try to get what I will use lots of times and for lots of occasions!! 
The fresh look of the concept designers ideas for the Field of Flowers Bundle on p 117 caught my eye and the fact it had a coordinating punch made it super easy to put on my order!!  And the fonts in the set? I LOVED them ALL!! 
Keeping in mind that there are lots of new stampers, as well as experienced ones in my world, I wanted to share cards that everyone can make whether they have to do one quickly or have lots of time to play with layers. I used the same ink colours on each card - Poppy Parade, Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green and Coastal Cabana - adding Basic Black cardstock and Memento ink to the second and third stepped up versions.
My first card is pretty basic stamping to fit on one of our Note Cards so it comes together fast when you are rushed. I stamped the grass on a 2 3/4" x 4 1/4" layer of Whisper White, then stamped the dragonflies and greeting. A quick run through my Subtle 3D Embossing Folder added texture but can easily be left off. I stamped the flowers in two colours on Whisper White strips and punched them out, then added to the stamped layer. A little Linen Thread around the layer and it was ready to add to our Note Card base. 
The next card has a hint of the grass at the bottom, but the flowers take centre stage - I stamped all the images on Whisper White again (3" x 4 1/4") and ran it through the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder. I added a couple of extra flowers that were fussy cut from scraps of Whisper White and cut around the greeting shape to add to the stamped layer. Then it was added to Basic Black (3 1/2" x 4 3/4") and popped onto a Whisper White card base. A couple of Basic Rhinestone Gems add sparkle.
I did the Spotlight Technique on my final card to show off the pretty flowers and add some layers for those that have more time to play with their projects. The Basic Black Scalloped Circle was die cut from the centre of the Basic Black cardstock layer behind my stamping piece! No waste!!😊 All my envelopes have the small dragonfly image in the corner - so quick and cute!!

Here's a link to the Field of Flowers Bundle - I can't wait to see what you create with this set!  Thanks for stopping by today and enjoy hopping through all the participants . . . I know you are going to love all the projects. 

Stay safe and keep in touch with family and friends by making cards and sending them - they will love your happy mail!! 

Remember you are currently on my page – Ginny Duncan and I appreciate your comments!  Sign up for my newsletter to know what's happening in my stamping world!! See who is below my name to know where to go next.

BLOG HOP LIST








18 comments:

  1. These cards are so sweet Melva! Thanks for taking part in our Demonstrator Training Blog Hop this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie for visiting and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Love these cards Ginny! This is another stamp set I am going to have to add to my stash! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely projects, Ginny. I love the soft tones you have used. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful cards! so fresh and spring like!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you leave a comment on this post or my blog - thanks for reading!!